Friday, October 21, 2011

Studhubs: Servant of the Year

My husband is a giver. He loves to do things for others. He lights up when he gets to help a neighbor and he knows no strangers. He's a people person like no one I've ever seen. In the time we've been married, I've seen him do the following:

1. Setup a sound system for a local non-profit while he was sick just to ensure their event was a success
2. Pull over to help a woman change her tire on the side of the road
3. Hand out dolla-bills to any person in need
4. Carry mattresses into a teeny casa for a single mother
5. Discovered a robbery in our neighbor's home
6. Drive to Canyon to repair a hole in the wall for a friend
7. Spend a few hours learning how to install a ceiling fan for another friend
8. Jump a mini-van for a sweet momma and her 3 babes
9. Restring a guitar for a worship team member
10. Gave my little brother an entire sound system for his car just because

He surprises me every day with his servant heart. He saw my post yesterday with my movie clip and came home with a new Blue Ray player and the Diamond Edition release of The Lion King. It's so easy for him to pay attention to me and find ways to show me he loves me.

Today, he gave to a local ministry to feed the hungry on Thanksgiving. I love when he has ideas like that. It's probably the most attractive thing about him. Seeing a need and meeting it is something we can all do-and you don't need lots of money to help others either! You can use your gifts, talents or expertise to help someone.

So fellas, take it from me: ladies will be most attracted to you when you notice small details about them. When you take time to help others. Go out of your way to do something kind for someone. Your girl will see it and/or hear about it. Good deeds never go unnoticed. Plus, God sees it too.

Did you see an act of kindness this week? Brag on them! Tell them you noticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment