Thursday, October 20, 2011

Inspiring Thursday

Here are the things that inspired me today:

1. Teaching a leadership class with Candy Gibbs. She is the Abstinence Director at CareNet Crisis Pregnancy Center. Everything she does is fabulous. She's like our local Beth Moore with a big heart for young girls. I like to be in her presence. I learn something wonderful about leadership and God each and every time.

2. Watching this video clip while leading a leadership class at a local high school and of course, the Holy Spirit would speak to me through it. Of course He would. Of course He would remind me that He lives in me. He's not dead. He's alive in me. Oh, what a sweet reminder there in that high school classroom that He's put great value in all of us. And, of course I would cry. Right there in front of all those teeny-boppers. Good thing the lights were off.
3. Hearing a story of a young boy who's mother was murdered and how he's trying to live a not-so-normal life in the aftermath. I wondered how he has the strength to smile and greet me knowing what grief fills his sweet heart.

4. Talking with a friend about her family member who is terminally ill and how she is tending to her family in the process. I'm so in awe of her tender heart and selfless perspective throughout the process. I've always thought she was strong. But now I see why.

5. Congratulating a friend on her pregnancy! She is going to be a surrogate mother for a family in our city. She is absolutely glowing with joy knowing what gift she is carrying for this couple. She reminds me of what Mary must have felt like knowing what hope she would deliver to the world.

6. Skyping with my Event Coordinator in Nashville. I am a city coordinator for a LifeWay Women's event that will be held next year. Today we got to see each other's faces as we begin the first stages of planning for our event. She is a bubbly, beautiful Southern belle from Tennessee. I love to talk with her. I love that she talks with her hands a lot and says "y'all" in every sentence.

7. And finally, this little gal from the X-Factor. I'm sure you've all seen her but I have watched this clip of her singing over and over. I'm usually a tough critic with shows like these but this 14 year old Beliber is ahhhh-mazing. And here she is singing one of my faves:
8. I fed my husband pizza tonight. Which was really stupid considering he just had his gall bladder removed. This mistake, however, is inspiring me never to do that again.

That's all for inspiring Thursday. What inspired you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment