Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall-La-La-La-LAAAA....


Ahh, Fall. You bring comfort to my sweet, southern soul. You leaf (see what I did there) new shades of green, rust, and mustard that are perfect for my olive undertones. You invite hearty crock-pot recipes and fuzzy socks that I have to stuff into my riding boots. On behalf of the Panhandle, we would like to greet you with a Texan, "Howdy, we're so glad you've arrived!"

I went pumpkin and gourd shopping the other at Market Street. Which, to me, is one of the happiest places in A-Town. Friendly sackers and helpful stockers. So helpful in fact, that they went on a 30 minute hunt just to help me find my favorite cereal, Oatmeal Squares. After the fiber search I picked up these beauties. Behold the punkin's!


Today, Studhubs and I took little Mia (my diva Maltese) outside to let her prance around the front yard. She's happiest there. Maybe because our backyard is made of concrete? Poor dear. I think if she could talk she would welcome Fall, too. Isn't she the cutest!


And you'll notice I sported my faux fur today as a welcome sign to the glorious Autumn. Or as my pal, Patrick Kemp of ThreeLeaf Creative threeleaf.tv and patrickkemp.com, refers to the fabulous faux fur as the "shrug rug". Which makes sense because well...it looks like a bathroom rug. Mine is from a boutique so I feel confident wearing it round about town.  See?!
Jordan has also introduced me to his favorite thing about Fall: candy. More specifically: Tootsie Rolls. They are also called Midgees-isn't that funny?! This pile may or may not be mine...yikes.
I hope you are enjoying the new change of seasons. I love that God gives us visuals of change. Change changes us. In good ways if we will let it. We are constantly changing-and that is a great thing. So bring it on, Fall. Let's 'tootsie roll' with the flow and let God show us some great and mighty things this season. Maybe He will bring new. Maybe He will let the things you don't need go. Maybe He will reveal a hidden thing to you in this time. Whatever your season, roll with it, baby!

What changes are you facing? What is God showing you about change? If you are feeling sad about it-look at the colors of autumn and remember-there is a time for everything....


Ecclesiastes 3 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens"



No comments:

Post a Comment