Wednesday, October 26, 2011

De-Stress-A-Tize

I think most of us would say that the biggest concern in our jobs and relationships is the fear that someone better than ourselves might come along. We let our minds daze about how they will waltz in  and snatch our dreams right out of our sight.

I remember feeling this way in elementary school. Worried my little self to death that my BFF might have a new BFF by tomorrow. That she would sit with her instead of me at the lunchroom of doom. I felt that way in our show choir tryouts in high school. Terrified that I might not be chosen for my Soprano II spot that I wanted because of the high influx of fabulous lady singers that year. I frazzled my poor heart over way too many lead roles in plays and not to mention the fear that I might not win every rhinestone crown at a pageant. Oh yes, I was a pageant queen. Miss Teen Amarillo, mind you. I was a smarty though, nothing like this gal:




All that worrying never added a single thing to my life. Not one. Everyone tells you not to worry: doctors, dentists and counselors. They give you techniques on how to de-stress-a-tize your life by soaking in a bath tub before bed, meditating, and taking deep breaths. Almost every sickness and disease can be traced back to one nasty contributor: Stress. With a capitol "S".

I think our culture has something to do with the fear of being replaced. They pretty much spoon feed us to be bored with the pop stars and rich n' famous before they ever turn 19. Songs like this one teach us ladies to treat our men like Chinese dinners and I'll order a number 9 tomorrow night, hun! (This song is super fun to sing though, so sing along and let your stress out-just don't treat yo man like that :)



So let's just get over ourselves, trust God and de-stress-a-tize our lives by looking at the lighter side.


1. Laugh when it's funny
2. Sing when it's a good song.
3. Give props to other folks when they do something brilliant
4. Trust God. No one can stop His plan for your life.

Amen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment